Who is American Actress, Writer Alison Brie?
Alison Brie is an American writer, actress, and producer who works mainly in the film and television industries. She began her career as a clown and worked her way up through the entertainment business.
Alison rose to prominence for her role as Trudy Campbell in the drama series Mad Men (2007–2015), for which she received a Screen Actors Guild Award in 2009. She gained prominence as Annie Edison in the 2009–2015 comedy series Community. Her notable performances include Diane Nguyen in the animated comedy series BoJack Horseman (2014–2020) and Ruth Wilder in the comedy-drama series GLOW (2017–2019). Brie got two Golden Globe nods for the latter.
|Full Name||Alison Brie|
|Occupation||American actress, writer, and producer|
|Series Played||Stolen Poem (2004), Born (2007), Dickie Smalls: From Shame to Fame (2007), Parasomnia (2008), The Coverup (2008), Buddy ‘n’ Andy (2008), Salvation, Texas (2008), Us One Night (2009), and many more|
Birthday and Zodiac
|Age||38 years old (as of 2021)|
|Date of Birth||December 29, 1982|
|Birth Place||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|School/University||California Institute of the Arts|
|Height||5 feet 3 inches (1.60 m)|
|Estimated net worth||$10 million (approx.)|
|Boyfriend/Husband||Dave Franco (m. 2017)|
Family and Relatives
|Father||Charles Terry Schermerhorn|
|Siblings||Sister(s): Lauren Schermerhorn|
Alison Brie Early Life
Alison Brie Schermerhorn was born in the California town of Hollywood. Charles Terry Schermerhorn, her father, is a musician and freelance entertainment reporter. Joanne Brenner, her mother, works at the non-profit childcare service Para Los Ninos (“For the Children”).
Lauren, her older sister, is her mother’s maiden name. Brie’s mother is a devout Jew. Her father was reared Catholic and is descended from Dutch, English, and Scottish ancestors.
She attended a “Christian–Hindu hybrid church” called the Self-Realization Fellowship with her father on occasion while being reared by her split parents.
Her mother, on the other hand, “would constantly make sure we understood we were Jewish.” Brie attended South Pasadena High School and graduated in 2001.
Brie got her start in the theatre at the Jewish Community Center in Southern California. In 2005, she earned a bachelor’s degree in drama from the California Institute of the Arts.
She also attended Glasgow’s Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama. Later, she worked as a clown at birthday parties and in the theatre in California.
Alison Brie Filmography
- Stolen Poem (2004)
- Born (2007)
- Dickie Smalls: From Shame to Frame (2007)
- Parasomnia (2008)
- The Coverup (2008)
- Buddy’ n’ Andy (2008)
- Salvation, Texas (2008)
- Us One Night (2009)
- The Home Front (2010)
- Raspberry Magic (2010)
- Scream 4 (2011)
- Save the Date (2012)
- The Five-Year Engagement (2012)
- Hannah Montana (2006)
- Not Another High School Show (2007)
- Mad Men (2007-2015)
- The Deadliest (2008)
- Community (2009-2015)
- Robot Chicken (2011)
- NTSF:SD:SUV:: (2012)
- American Dad! (2012)
- High School USA! (2013)
- Axe Cop (2013)
- Comedy Bang! Bang! (2014)
- BoJack Horseman (2014-2020)
- Teachers (2016)
- Doctor Thorne (2016)
- My Alibi (2008-2009)
- Hot Sluts (2009)
- Sketchy (2012)
- The ArScheerio Paul Show (2013)
- The Cast of Community Reunites for Table Read (2020)
- Lego dimensions (2015)
- Marvel Avengers Academy (2016)
- Colours (2018)
Alison Brie Awards and Nominations
- 2019: Screen Actors Guild Awards (Won)
- 2012: Critics’ Choice Television Awards (Nominated)
- 2014: Streamy Awards (Nominated)
- 2015: Newport Beach Film Festival Awards (Won)
- 2017: Annie Awards (Nominated)
- 2018: Critics’ Choice Television Awards (Nominated)
- 2018: Satellite Awards (Nominated)
- 2018: Golden Globe Awards (Nominated)
- 2018: Screen Actors Guild Awards (Nominated)
- 2019: Satellite Awards (Nominated)
- 2019: Golden Globe Awards (Nominated)
- 2019: Screen Actors Guild Awards (Nominated)
- 2020: Critics’ Choice Television Awards (Nominated)
- 2020: Satellite Awards (Nominated)
Alison Brie Personal Life
Brie began dating in 2012 with Dave Franco after meeting him at a Mardi Gras party in New Orleans in 2011. The announcement was made on August 25, 2015, that the two were engaged. They tied the knot on March 13, 2017.
In a 2017 interview with Larry King, Alison stated that she does not wish to have children.
Alison Brie Physical Appearance
Alison Brie is a stunning woman with a kind attitude. She has a lovely grin and a well-toned body.
Alison is 5 feet 3 inches tall and weighs around 55 kilograms. Her hair is brown, and she has captivating blue eyes.
Did you know?
- Alison Brie is an American actress, writer, and producer.
- Her net worth is estimated up to $10 million.
- She earned a bachelor’s degree in drama from the California Institute of the Arts.
- Charles Terry Schermerhorn, her father, is a musician and freelance entertainment reporter. Joanne Brenner, her mother, works at the non-profit childcare service Para Los Ninos (“For the Children”).
- Alison is 5 feet 3 inches tall and weighs around 55 kilograms.
Frequently asked Questions
Are Alison Brie and Dave Franco still married?
Yes, Alison and Dave have been together since 2011.
What ethnicity is Alison Brie?
Alison is of mixed ethnicity. She comes from Dutch, English and Scottish ancestry.
where does Alison Brie live?
Alison resides in Los Angeles.
How old is Alison Brie?
Alison is 38 years old as of 2021.
How tall is Alison Brie?
Alison stands 5 feet and 3 inches tall.