Who is Holland Taylor?
Holland Taylor is an actor and writer from the United States who is best known for her notable roles in “Two and a Half Men” and “The Practice.” She grew up in Philadelphia and went to Bennington College to study theatre. Holland Taylor came to New York City after college to pursue an acting career. She was most famous for her ‘Broadway’ and ‘Off-Broadway’ productions such as ‘The Cocktail Hour’ and ‘Butley’ in the 1960s, 1970s, and 1980s.
In 1976, she made her movie debut in ‘The Next Man,’ where she portrayed a T.V. interviewer. Despite appearing in several minor roles during several years, she did not achieve notable success until the 1980s. Likewise, in the 1980s, she began to gain more attention from a larger audience.
|Full Name||Holland Virginia Taylor|
|Profession||Actress and playwright|
|Series Played||Two and a Half Man, Beacon Hill, Me and Mom, The Practice|
Birthday and Zodiac
|Age (As in 2022)||79 years old|
|Date of Birth||14 January 1943|
|Birth Place||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States|
University of Santa Monica
|Estimated Net Worth (As in 2021)||$ 20 million|
Family and Relationship
|Father||C. Tracy Taylor|
|Siblings||Patricia and Pamela|
Holland Taylor Biography TimeLine
Holland Taylor is a renowned American actress and playwright who has made her mark in both film and television. She has won critical acclaim for her stage performances and has also been nominated for several awards for her television roles. Holland’s career spans over five decades, and she has become a well-respected figure in the entertainment industry.
- January 14, 1943: Holland Virginia Taylor is born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- 1960: Holland graduates from Westtown School, a Quaker boarding school in West Chester, Pennsylvania.
- 1964: Holland graduates with a bachelor’s degree in drama from Bennington College in Vermont.
- 1964: Holland moves to New York City and begins her acting career, appearing in off-Broadway productions.
- 1978: Holland makes her Broadway debut in “The Devils” and wins a Drama Desk Award for her performance.
- 1980: Holland appears in the film “Tootsie” as a soap opera actress, which becomes a commercial and critical success.
- 1983: Holland wins an Emmy Award for her supporting role in the television miniseries “The Practice.”
- 1995-1996: Holland writes and stars in the one-woman play “Ann,” about the life of former Texas governor Ann Richards.
- 2003-2015: Holland appears as Evelyn Harper in the television sitcom “Two and a Half Men,” earning four Emmy nominations for her role.
- 2008: Holland appears in the film “The Truman Show,” which receives critical acclaim.
- 2013: Holland wins a Tony Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role in a Play for her performance in “Ann.”
- 2015: Holland appears in the hit television series “The Americans,” receiving critical acclaim for her role.
- 2017: Holland appears in the film “The Front Runner,” receiving praise for her performance as feminist lawyer Jillian Fink.
- 2020: Holland stars as the lead character in the Netflix series “Hollywood,” earning an Emmy nomination for her performance.
Age, Relationship Status and Family
Holland Taylor was welcomed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, on January 14, 1943, by her parents, Virginia and C.Tracy Taylor. So, her current age is 78 years old as of 2021.
Taylor admitted that she was in a relationship with a younger woman. When answering a marriage question, most of her relationships had been with women in a radio interview with WNYC on November 30, 2015. She is unmarried and does not have a husband or a wife. Nevertheless, actress Sarah Paulson, who is 32 years her junior, was subsequently revealed to be her partner. Their relationship was confirmed in March 2016, when Paulson said they had been dating since early 2015. Taylor told her sexual orientation as a gay to the LGBTQ&A podcast in August 2020.
Her mother, Virginia Taylor, is a well-known professional painter, and her father, C. Tracy Taylor, was an attorney. She has two elder sisters, Patricia and Pamela, with whom she grew up together in her childhood days.
Holland chose to begin her career on ‘Broadway,’ which was at its peak in New York in the 1960s, before moving into movies. She has acted in more than 110 movies, series and dramas in her career now. In renowned playwrights Simon Gray and AR Gurney, she had some of her first ‘Broadway’ roles. Her strong performances in ‘Broadway’ plays like ‘The Cocktail Hour’, and the critics very well received ‘Butley’. Her performance in ‘The Cocktail Hour’ garnered her nomination for a ‘Drama Desk’ award. She appeared in ‘Broadway’ and ‘Off-Broadway’ shows during the 1960s, 1970s, and 1980s and managed them alongside her prominent film and television career.
Holland made her television debut in the series ‘J.T.’ in 1969. It was a small role that went undetected, and the series as a whole couldn’t get off the ground and be eventually cancelled. After that, she had minor appearances in the television shows “Love Is a Many Splendored Thing,” “Somerset,” and “Beacon Hill.”
Her soap opera, ‘The Edge of Night,’ made her famous in the late 1970s. She starred in the program as ‘Denise Cavanaugh,’ who was seen murdering herself and then framing her husband for the crime. In 1980, she received an offer from the creators of the sitcom “Bosom Buddies” based on her performance in the serial opera.
She had a starring part in the sitcom ‘Bosom Buddies,’ where Tom Hanks played the protagonist. She portrayed his sultry and seductive employer. She demonstrated that she was equally excellent in dramatic and humorous parts over the following few years as she began to appear in more substantial roles.
She also starred in the ‘AMC’ comedy-drama series ‘The Lot,’ which critics praised. She portrayed a recurrent character in the series, which helped her land her most famous part. Holland Taylor went on to star in movies including ‘Legally Blonde’ in 2001. Other movies were ‘Home Room’ and two ‘Spy Kids’ films. She was a famous character in the comedy series “Two and a Half Man” too. Lately, she has starred in a comedy-drama series, “The Chair”, which started airing on Netflix in 2021 in the role of Joan Hambling.
Holland Taylor is an actor and writer from the United States with a net worth of $20 million as of October 2021. She accumulated her wealth from her salary for starring in movies and series and from her theatre credits. Holland Taylor’s estimated salary per episode of “Two and a Half Man” is unknown, which made her very famous among various people.
Did you know?
- She has over 110 credited acting credits in movies and television shows.
- In the 1980s, Holland Taylor began to earn greater recognition and popularity in the entertainment industry.
- She grew interested in spirituality in the early 2000s and earned a master’s degree in spiritual psychology from the ‘University of Santa Monica.’
- She earned four ‘Emmy Award’ nominations for her series “Two and a Half Men.”
- For her work in “The Practice,” she earned the “Emmy Award” for “Outstanding Supporting Actress – Drama Series” in 1999.