Who is Jay Duplass?
Lawrence Jay Duplass, an American film director, playwright, and actor, was born on March 7, 1973, best known for his collaborations with his younger brother, Mark Duplass, on the movies Cyrus (2010) and Who Lives at Home (2011). Duplass co-created the HBO comedy-drama series Togetherness (2015–16) and the HBO anthology series Room 104 (2017–present) and stars in the Amazon Video comedy-drama series Transparent (2014–2019).
Lawrence Jay Duplass grew up in a Catholic household and went to Jesuit High School. Duplass managed his MFA in theatre from the University of Texas at Austin. Duplass traces his ancestry to the Cajun region of Louisiana.
|Full Name||Jay Duplass|
|Profession||Actor, Director, Author|
|Series Played||Puffy Chair (2005), Cyrus (2010), Jeff, Who Lives at Home (2011). Duplass co-created the HBO comedy-drama series Togetherness (2015–16)|
Birthday and Zodiac
|Age (As in 2021)||48 years old|
|Date of Birth||March 7. 1973|
|Birth Place||New Orleans, Louisiana, United States|
|School/University||Jesuit High School|
|Height||5 feet 9 inches|
|Estimated Net Worth (As in 2021)||USD $15 million Approx|
Family and Relationship
Jay Duplass Biography TimeLine
Jay Duplass is a talented American actor, writer, producer, and director, best known for his work in the independent film industry. Along with his brother Mark Duplass, he has made a name for himself as a pioneer of the mumblecore film movement, known for its naturalistic, low-budget style. Duplass has been involved in a wide range of film and television projects, from critically acclaimed indie films to popular TV series. Jay Duplass has been a driving force in the independent film industry for over two decades, creating a distinct style and voice that has earned him critical acclaim and a loyal following. From his early days making micro-budget films with his brother to his recent work on popular TV shows, Duplass has always stayed true to his vision and his passion for storytelling. With his talent, dedication, and creativity, he is sure to continue making an impact on the entertainment industry for years to come.
- March 7, 1973: Jay Duplass is born in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- 1991-1995: Duplass attends Jesuit High School in New Orleans.
- 1995-1999: Duplass attends the University of Texas at Austin, where he meets his future collaborator and brother, Mark Duplass.
- 2002: Duplass writes, directs, and produces his first feature film, “This Is John,” which he and Mark make on a budget of just $3.
- 2005: Duplass co-writes and stars in the mumblecore film “The Puffy Chair,” which premieres at Sundance and goes on to win the Audience Award at SXSW.
- 2008: Duplass co-directs the indie film “Baghead” with Mark, which is also well-received on the festival circuit.
- 2009-2010: Duplass stars in the HBO series “Togetherness,” which he co-created with Mark and which runs for two seasons.
- 2010: Duplass makes his feature film directorial debut with “Cyrus,” starring John C. Reilly, Jonah Hill, and Marisa Tomei.
- 2012: Duplass co-writes and produces the indie comedy-drama “Safety Not Guaranteed,” which is a critical and commercial success.
- 2015: Duplass co-creates the HBO series “Room 104,” an anthology series set in a single hotel room, which runs for four seasons.
- 2016: Duplass co-writes and directs the indie film “Blue Jay,” starring Sarah Paulson and Mark Duplass.
- 2018: Duplass co-writes, directs, and stars in the Netflix true crime satire “American Vandal,” which runs for two seasons.
- 2021: Duplass co-stars in the Netflix limited series “The Chair,” alongside Sandra Oh.
Jay Duplass Physical Appearance
Jay Duplass stands 5 feet 9 inches (1.75 meters) tall and weighs soon. Although the weight may have changed, we have included the most recent one. Likewise, he has black colour of hair, and his eyes are also black.
Jay Duplass Personal life and Family
Cynthia and Lawrence Duplass had a son named Jay and his brother Mark Duplessis, a film director and producer, actor, singer, screenwriter, and author who raised him. He is of part Cajun descent and was raised in a Catholic family. Ora and Molly, his brother’s daughters, are his uncles.
He is married to Jennifer Tracy-Duplass, his wife, a social worker, whom he has known for a long time. The couple has two children together, and also about his social media, he is most active on his Instagram accounts.
Jay Duplass Career and Opportunities
Jay starred opposite Jeffrey Tambor, Gaby Hoffmann, Amy Landecker, and Judith Light in the Amazon Prime Original Comedy-Drama Series Transparent in 2014 and received a lot of good feedback from critics. It received 11 Primetime Emmy nominations, with Jeffrey Tambor receiving nods for Best Comedy Series and Best Actor in a Comedy Series.
With his part in the program’s second season, Jay became well-known and was nominated for a Critics’ Choice Television Award for Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series. He had never acted in a leading role before Transparent. According to an interview with director Jill Soloway at a dinner party, they were having trouble finding an actor to portray what would end up being his role.
Jay Duplass, his brother Jay Duplass, and Steve Zissis created the comedy-drama television series Togetherness. The comedy-drama starred Jay’s brother Mark Duplass, Melanie Lynskey, Amanda Peet, Steve Zissis, and Abby Ryder Fortson and was written and directed by the Duplass brothers. It focuses on marriage and friendship, among other things.
The first season of the show was broadcast on HBO in 2015. According to IMDb reports, it was later renewed for a second season of eight episodes, which was published in 2016. On March 25, 2016, the drama was cancelled after two seasons.
They’ve worked together on short films, feature films, television shows, and, according to them, some poor childhood remakes of The Blob. With their most recent project, Like Brothers, they’ve also ventured into an entirely new medium: a book.
Jay Duplass Social Media
He is not so active on his social media accounts like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Also, he enjoys a private life; he doesn’t share her images or pictures on public platforms.
Jay Duplass Net Worth
Duplass is reported to have a net worth of $50 million, which he has accumulated from his successful career as a film director, author, and actor. His pay data will be updated as soon as they are available, as there are no details on his annual or monthlyearnings.
Did you know?
- Lawrence Jay Duplass stands 5 feet and 9 inches tall (1.75 meters).
- He is married to Jennifer Tracy-Duplass, a social worker whom he has known for a long time.
- On March 7, 1973, he was born.
- He is a film director, author, and actor from the United States.
- The Puffy Chair (2005), Cyrus (2010), is his most notable character