Who is John Oliver?
John William Oliver is a well-known and famous English producer, actor, comedian, writer, and TV personality. John came to fame from his satire and news program “The Daily Show with John Stewart”. For the show, John also has three Emmy Awards. John completed his study at Christ’s College, Cambridge University. During his college days, he also became a member of the Cambridge Footlights Comedy Troup. John completed his graduation, and after graduation, he entered writing and performing standup comedy.
After some time, John also co-created the political radio show and became the regular guest of the TV show named “Mock the Week”. John started gaining fame when he worked in “The Daily Show with Jon Stewart”. In the show, John was the senior British Correspondent. Moreover, John has also played several roles in TV shows, including “Danger Mouse” and “People Like Us”.
|Full Name||John William Oliver|
|Profession||Comedian, Writer, Producer, Actor, Television Host|
|Series Played||Community, Rick and Morty, Big Mouth, Gravity Falls, Mock the Week, The Daily Show With Trevor Noah, Danger Mouse, 7 Minutes in Heaven|
Birthday and Zodiac
|Age (As in 2022)||45 years old|
|Date of Birth||April 23, 1977|
|Birth Place||Erdington, Birmingham, England|
|School/University||Mark Rutherford School, Christ’s College Cambridge, University of Cambridge|
|Estimated Net Worth (As in 2021)||$30 million|
Family and Relationship
|Children||Hudson Oliver (Son), One daughter (Name N/A)|
John Oliver Biography TimeLine
John Oliver is a British comedian, actor, writer, and political commentator. He is best known for hosting the satirical news program “Last Week Tonight with John Oliver” on HBO. Oliver started his career in stand-up comedy in the UK before making his way to the US to work as a correspondent on “The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.” He then went on to host his own show, which has won multiple Emmy awards for its insightful and humorous coverage of current events. His wit and intelligence have made him a popular figure on television and social media. He is known for his passionate advocacy on issues such as net neutrality, immigration, and climate change. Through his work on “Last Week Tonight,” Oliver has inspired many viewers to become more engaged and informed citizens.
- April 23, 1977: John William Oliver is born in Birmingham, England.
- 1998: Oliver graduates from Christ’s College, Cambridge, where he studied English.
- 2002: Oliver begins performing stand-up comedy in the UK.
- 2003: Oliver wins the Comedy Award at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
- 2006: Oliver joins the cast of the satirical news program “The Daily Show with Jon Stewart” as a correspondent.
- 2008: Oliver writes and stars in his own comedy series, “John Oliver’s New York Stand-Up Show.”
- 2013: Oliver guest hosts “The Daily Show” for eight weeks while Jon Stewart is on leave.
- April 27, 2014: “Last Week Tonight with John Oliver” premieres on HBO.
- 2015: “Last Week Tonight” wins its first Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Variety Talk Series.
- 2017: Oliver wins his first Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Variety Talk Series.
- 2019: “Last Week Tonight” wins its fourth consecutive Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Variety Talk Series.
- 2020: Oliver hosts a virtual version of “Last Week Tonight” due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 2021: Oliver receives a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
John was born in Erdington in England, on April 23, 1977. His father’s name is Jim Oliver, and his mother’s name is Carole Oliver. John was from a middle-class family; that’s why his father used to do two jobs for a living. Talking about the profession, John’s father was a schoolmaster, and his mother was a music teacher.
Coming towards John’s parents, they were probably born in Liverpool, Merseyside. Oliver is a massive fan of Liverpool Football Club, which is one of the main reasons behind it. John also dreamed of being a professional soccer player.
He completed his schooling at the Mark Rutherford School and went to Christ’s College, Cambridge, for further study.
Coming towards John’s wife, John has been happily married to Kate Norley since 2011. His wife is an Iraq War Veteran and served in the Us Army as a medic. John and his wife met at the Republican National Convention in the year 2008. Together, John and his wife have one son, and the whole family is currently settled in New York City.
Movies and TV shows
John Oliver is one of the well-known TV personalities who has played roles in several episodes of TV shows and movies. Some of the films in which John has played roles are The Lion King, Wonder Park, The Love Guru, Fear, The Smurfs 2, The Smurfs, Green Wing, Absolutely Anything, Dumping Lisa, The Picture Collector, and others.
Similarly, John has also played roles in episodes of several TV shows. Some of them are Community, Rick and Morty, Big Mouth, Gravity Falls, Mock the Week, The Daily Show With Trevor Noah, Danger Mouse, 7 Minutes in Heaven, Last Week Tonight With John Oliver, Important Things with Demetri Martin, and several others.
John is one of the versatile actors who has been seen in several movies and TV shows. The net worth of John is around $30 million.
Coming towards the online platforms, John has his Youtube channel named “LastWeekTonight “. In his channel, he has been able to get 8.77M subscribers to date. Similarly, on his youtube channel, he regularly posts videos about the car commercial.
Likewise, John is also active on other social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. In his Twitter account, he has 5.7 million followers. Similarly, he has more than 620k followers in his Instagram account and 2M followers on Facebook.
Did you know?
- John came to fame from his satire and news program “The Daily Show with John Stewart”.
- In his Twitter account, he has 5.7 million followers.
- John has his Youtube channel named “LastWeekTonight “.
- The net worth of John is around $30 million.
- John has been happily married to Kate Norley since 2011.
- He completed his schooling at the Mark Rutherford School and went to Christ’s College, Cambridge, for further study.