Who is Kyra Sedgwick?
Kyra Sedgwick (born Kyra Minturn Sedgwick) is an actress, producer, and film director from the United States. Her recognition came from her portrayal as Deputy Chief Brenda Leigh Johnson in The Closer’s TNT crime thriller. In 2007, she was nominated for a Golden Globe Award, and in 2010, she was nominated for an Emmy Award for the same series. The show’s seventh season aired on August 13, 2012, and ended on August 13, 2012.
Her outstanding performance in Something to Talk About (1995) earned her a Golden Globe nomination. Born on the Fourth of July (1989), Singles (1992), Heart and Souls (1993), and Phenomenon (1993) are all films directed by Oliver Stone (1996), What’s Cooking (2000), Secondhand Lions (2003), and The Game Plan (2005) are some of his films (2007). The Possession (2007) are among Sedgwick’s other cinematic roles (2012). Kyra Sedgwick also had a supporting role in the critically acclaimed 2016 comedy-drama film The Edge of Seventeen.
|Full Name||Kyra Minturn Sedgwick|
|Series Played||● Secondhand Lions (2003)|
● The Edge of Seventeen (2016)
● Murder in the First (1995)
● Heart and Souls (1993)
● Born on the Fourth of July (1989)
● The Woodsman (2004)
● The Road Within (2014)
● What’s Cooking? ( 2000)
Birthday and Zodiac
|Age (As in 2022)||57 years old|
|Date of Birth||19 August 1965|
|Birth Place||New York, United States|
|School/University||Groton School, University of Southern California, Sarah Lawrence College|
|Height||5 feet 5 inches|
|Estimated Net Worth (As in 2021)||$50 million|
Family and Relationship
|Father||Henry Sedgwick V|
|Children||Travis Sedgwick, Sosie Bacon|
|Siblings||Robert Sedgwick, Mike Stern(brothers), Holly Sedgwick(sister)|
Kyra Sedgwick Biography TimeLine\
Kyra Sedgwick is an American actress best known for her work in film and television. She was born on August 19, 1965, in New York City to a family of artists and intellectuals. She began her acting career in the 1980s and quickly rose to prominence, winning critical acclaim for her performances in films like “Born on the Fourth of July” (1989) and “Singles” (1992). In the 2000s, she became a household name thanks to her starring role in the popular TNT crime drama “The Closer.” Sedgwick has won numerous awards for her work, including a Golden Globe, an Emmy, and a Screen Actors Guild Award. Throughout her long and successful career, Kyra Sedgwick has proven herself to be one of the most talented and versatile actresses in the entertainment industry. She has tackled a wide range of roles in film and television, and has won acclaim for her performances in everything from romantic comedies to gritty crime dramas. With her talent and charisma, Sedgwick has become a beloved figure to audiences around the world, and her legacy as an actress is sure to endure for many years to come.
- 1965: Kyra Sedgwick is born in New York City.
- 1985: Makes her feature film debut in “War and Love.”
- 1987: Appears in the television movie “Lemon Sky.”
- 1988: Plays Tom Cruise’s sister in the war drama “Born on the Fourth of July.”
- 1992: Stars in the romantic comedy “Singles.”
- 1993: Marries actor Kevin Bacon.
- 1995: Appears in the film “Something to Talk About” with Julia Roberts.
- 2000: Begins starring in the TNT crime drama “The Closer.”
- 2005: Wins a Golden Globe for her role in “The Closer.”
- 2006: Gives birth to her second child with Kevin Bacon.
- 2009: Wins an Emmy for her work on “The Closer.”
- 2010: Executive produces and stars in the television movie “Leverage.”
- 2011: Directs an episode of “The Closer.”
- 2012: “The Closer” comes to an end after seven seasons.
- 2013: Stars in the horror film “The Possession.”
- 2015: Appears in the comedy film “The Humbling.”
- 2016: Stars in the television series “Ten Days in the Valley.”
- 2018: Plays the lead role in the film “After Darkness.”
- 2019: Appears in the television series “Brooklyn Nine-Nine.”
- 2021: Stars in the film “Space Oddity.”
Sedgwick continued her education after Friends Seminary, attending Sarah Lawrence College before enrolling at the University of Southern California, where she earned a bachelor’s degree in theatre.
Patricia and Henry Dwight Sedgwick V, both speech teachers and educational/family therapists, and venture capitalists, are the parents of Sedgwick. Her father was a devout Episcopalian from England, and her mother was a devout Jew.
She is the aunt of R&B/pop musician George Nozuka and his brother, singer-songwriter Justin Nozuka (Holly, George and Justin’s mother, is Sedgwick’s half-sister). Kyra Sedgwick’s parents divorced when she was four years old, and she was six years old when they divorced. Her mother eventually married Ben Heller, an art dealer. Her siblings include actor Robert Sedgwick, jazz guitarist Mike Stern’s half-sister, cousin Edie Sedgwick (actress and model), and writer John Sedgwick’s niece.
On September 4, 1988, she married Kevin Bacon, a fellow television celebrity in films and videos, and they walked down the aisle. The couple lost some of their funds in the infamous swindler Bernard Madoff’s Ponzi scheme. Travis Sedgwick Bacon (born June 23, 1989) and Sosie Ruth Bacon, Kyra and Kevin Bacon’s additional family members, arrived (born March 15, 1992). The family currently resides on Manhattan’s Upper West Side.
Kyra: Age, Height, Weight
Sedgwick was born on August 9, 1965, in New York City, New York City, New York City, New York City, New York City, New York City, New York City, New York City, New York City, New Every year on August 19, she celebrates her birthday. Her height is 1.65 meters, and she weighs 58 kilograms. Her mother was Jewish, but her father was of English ancestry, so she recognized herself as such.
Kyra: Net Worth
KYrа SEdgwiсk has an estimated net worth as of 2021 is of more than $50 million as of October 2021. He made this vast fortune through his successful career as a tеlеvоn аnd mоvе асtrе. In the year 2007, He was getting mоrе thаn $300,000 fоr еvеrу еpisode on the tеlеvоn еrе. hе lоеr hе lоеr hе lоеr hе lое shе hаs bееn а раrt оf vеrу succеssful mоvе like Kansas (1988), Mr and Mrs Bridge (1990), Olivеr stоnе: INSIDE and out (1992), Montana (1993). (1998), T thе Gаmе plаn (2007), Mаn оn а Lеdgе (2012), Thе Rоаd When (2014), Endings and, Bеginings (2019), and many more.
She also performs at several live concerts, events, and tag shows, which aids in significantly increasing her net worth. Kyra Sedgwick, an actress, inherited a fortune of $16 million from her father, venture entrepreneur Henry Dwight Sedgwick V. She is a wealthy Heiress. She has a $16 million Inheritance.
Kyra: Social media
Like other celebrities, she also uses Social media Platforms to interact with her loved ones and give updates about her life. She is pretty popular on her social media sites like Instagram, Twitter, and so on. She has about 263k followers on her Instagram account @kyrasedgwickofficial and follows about 99 people. She has posted nearly 297 posts. She has about 99.1k Twitter followers on her official account @kyrasedgwick and follows about 135 people.
Did you know?
- She was born in the city of New York on August 19, 1965.
- She is of English and Jewish ancestry.
- When Sedgwick was six years old, her parents divorced.
- She is married to Kevin Bacon.
- Travis and Sosie Bacon are her two children from her marriage to Kevin.
- She has about 263k Instagram followers @kyrasedgwickofficial.
- Her net worth is reported to be $50 million.