Who is Vera Farmiga?
Vera Farmiga is one of the famous actresses and producers from the United States. She is best known for her roles in films such as ‘Up in the Air’ and ‘The Conjuring.’ Vera is also well-known for her role in the television series ‘Bates Motel.’ She grew up in New Jersey, where she studied folk dancing and classical piano as a child. Despite being a timid youngster, she discovered her love for the theatre at a young age and graduated from Syracuse University with a degree in visual and performing arts. Soon after, she launched her theatrical career, which eventually led to appearances on television shows.
She also appeared in several films as a supporting actress around the same time. She landed the major part in the film ‘Love in the Time of Money’ just seven years after beginning her acting career.
She then got her breakthrough performance in the indie drama film ‘Down to the Bone.’ Vera has starred in several movies and has established herself as a diverse, moving, and bankable performer. She is a multi-talented actor who made her directing debut with ‘Higher Ground,’ a highly acclaimed picture. She is also a producer on ‘Bates Motel.’
|Full Name||Vera Farmiga|
|Series Played||Down to the Bone, The Manchurian Candidate, Running Scared, The Departed, The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas, Up in the Air, Henry’s Crime, Safe House, Bates Motel, The Conjuring, and many more|
Birthday and Zodiac
|Age (As in 2021)||N/A|
|Date of Birth||6 August, 1973|
|Birth Place||Clifton, New Jersey, U.S.|
|School/University||Syracuse University, New York|
|Height||5 feet 6 inches (1.67 m)|
|Estimated Net Worth (As in 2021)||$245 million|
Family and Relationship
|Father||Mykhailo “Michael” Farmiga|
|Husband||Sebastian Roche, Renn Hawkey|
|Children||Fynn Hawkey, Gytta Lubov Hawkey|
|Siblings||Brothers: Victor, Stephan, Alexander|
Sisters: Nadia, Larissa, Taissa Farmiga
Vera Farmiga Biography TimeLine
Vera Farmiga is an American actress, director, and producer, known for her versatile performances in both independent and mainstream films. She has received critical acclaim for her roles in movies like “Up in the Air,” “The Departed,” and “Bates Motel,” among others. Born on August 6, 1973, in Clifton, New Jersey, Farmiga began her acting career in the late 1990s and quickly rose to fame with her captivating screen presence and remarkable acting skills. She has also been actively involved in humanitarian work and charity organizations, including the “Save the Children” foundation. Vera Farmiga’s career has been marked by versatility, dedication, and talent, and she continues to be a respected and influential figure in the entertainment industry.
- 1973: Vera Farmiga was born on August 6, 1973, in Clifton, New Jersey, to Ukrainian immigrants. She was the second of seven children in her family.
- 1991: Farmiga graduated from St. John’s University in New York with a degree in Fine Arts.
- 1997: Farmiga made her television debut in the series “Roar,” which aired on Fox.
- 1998: She made her film debut in “Return to Paradise,” which starred Vince Vaughn and Anne Heche.
- 2000: Farmiga appeared in the film “Autumn in New York,” starring Richard Gere and Winona Ryder.
- 2004: Farmiga received critical acclaim for her performance in the film “Down to the Bone,” which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival.
- 2006: She starred in Martin Scorsese’s crime drama “The Departed,” alongside Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, and Jack Nicholson.
- 2009: Farmiga received an Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actress for her performance in “Up in the Air,” starring George Clooney.
- 2011: She made her directorial debut with the film “Higher Ground,” which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival.
- 2013: Farmiga starred in the horror film “The Conjuring,” which became a critical and commercial success.
- 2017: She starred in the television series “Bates Motel,” which earned her critical acclaim for her portrayal of Norma Bates.
- 2018: Farmiga appeared in the science-fiction film “The Commuter,” alongside Liam Neeson.
- 2021: She starred in the horror film “The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It,” which was a box office success.
Vera Ann Farmiga was born on August 6, 1973, in Clifton, New Jersey, USA. Her mother, Lubomyra, was a teacher, while her father, Michael Farmiga, worked as a computer systems analyst. She has an elder brother and five younger brothers and sisters.
She couldn’t speak English until she started kindergarten at six, despite being born into a Ukrainian Catholic household. Farmiga’s family relocated from Irvington to Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, when he was 12 years old. He attended St. In Newark; there is a Ukrainian Catholic school called St. John the Baptist.
She was a timid young lady who had studied folk dancing and classical piano. As a teenager, she toured with the Ukrainian folk-dancing ensemble ‘Syzokryli’ and was a member of the Ukrainian girl scouts group ‘Plast.’
In 1991, she graduated from ‘Hunterdon Central Regional High School.’ During her time in school, she found her aptitude for acting. Despite her desire to become an ophthalmologist, her interest in acting led her to earn a bachelor’s degree in performing and visual arts from Syracuse University in 1995.
Farmiga played Miranda in the American Conservatory Theater’s performance of The Tempest in February 1996. That same year, she played Anne Hartman in The Barrow Group’s production of Good. Farmiga made her Broadway debut as Emmi Straube in Ronald Harwood’s play Taking Sides in October 1996, alongside Ed Harris and Daniel Massey. After her theatrical appearances, she co-starred as Emily Elliot in the Hallmark Hall of Fame western television picture Rose Hill, which aired in April 1997. Farmiga co-starred with Heath Ledger and Sebastian Roché in Fox’s short-lived fantasy series Roar (1997).
The following year, she appeared as Lindsay Carson, the daughter of a convicted killer who goes on her killing spree, in an episode of NBC’s procedural drama series Law & Order. She then appeared in the drama-thriller Return to Paradise as a supporting actress opposite Vince Vaughn and Joaquin Phoenix (1998). She later played Allison in an episode of the NBC comedy Trinity. Farmiga appeared as Lisa Tyler in the romance drama Autumn in New York two years later (2000).
- Down to the Bone (2004)
- The Manchurian Candidate (2004)
- Running Scared (2006)
- The Departed (2006)
- The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas (2008)
- Up in the Air (2009)
- Henry’s Crime (2011)
- Safe House (2012)
- Bates Motel (2013)
- The Conjuring (2013)
- Closer to the Moon (2013)
- At Middleton (2014)
- The Conjuring 2 (2016)
She is also active on Instagram as well as Twitter. She has 1 million followers on Instagram. Similarly, 231K followers on Twitter.
Did you know?
- Vera is fluent in Ukrainian traditional music, dances, and language.
- Taissa, Vera’s younger sister, is also a well-known actress.
- She is the second of her parents’ seven children.
- She is also active on Instagram as well as Twitter. She has 1 million followers on Instagram. Similarly, 231K followers on Twitter.