Who is Woody Harrelson?
Born July 23, 1961, Woodrow Tracy Harrelson is an actor and playwright from the United States. Woody won several awards. Additionally, he also won a Primetime Emmy Award and has been nominated for three Academy Awards and four Golden Globe Awards. From a total of five nominations.
Harrelson won a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series for his performance as bartender Woody Boyd on the NBC comedy Cheers (1985–1993).
|Full Name||Woody Harrelson|
|Series Played||The Box( 2009) Wildcats (1986) and White Men Can’t Jump (1992).|
|Popular For||60 years old|
Birthday and Zodiac
|Age (As in 2022)||61 years old|
|Date of Birth||July 23, 1961|
|Birth Place||Midland, Texas, United States|
|Height||5 feet 10 inches|
|Estimated Net Worth (As in 2021)||USD $80 Million Approx|
Family and Relationship
|Mother||Diane Lou Oswald|
|Wife||Laura Louie (m. 2008), Nancy Simon (m. 1985–1986)|
|Children||Daughter: Zoe Giordano Harrelson, Deni Montana Harrelson, Makani Ravello Harrelson|
|Siblings||Brett Harrelson, Jordan Harrelson|
Woody Harrelson Biography TimeLine
Woody Harrelson is an American actor and playwright best known for his roles in popular movies such as “Natural Born Killers,” “The Hunger Games,” and “Zombieland.” Born in Texas in 1961, Harrelson grew up in a family of entertainers and began acting in high school. He moved to New York City in the early 1980s and quickly landed roles in off-Broadway productions. In 1985, he landed his breakout role on the hit television show “Cheers,” for which he won an Emmy Award. Since then, Harrelson has become one of Hollywood’s most sought-after actors, known for his range and versatility on screen.
- July 23, 1961: Woody Harrelson is born in Midland, Texas, to Diane and Charles Harrelson.
- 1979: Graduates from Lebanon High School in Ohio.
- 1983: Attends Hanover College in Indiana, where he studies theater and English.
- 1985: Moves to New York City and lands a role in the off-Broadway production “Biloxi Blues.”
- 1985-1993: Stars as bartender Woody Boyd on the hit television show “Cheers,” earning five Emmy Award nominations and one win.
- 1991: Appears in the Oliver Stone film “The Doors” and the Wesley Snipes action movie “White Men Can’t Jump.”
- 1993: Plays Mickey Knox in Stone’s controversial crime thriller “Natural Born Killers.”
- 1996: Stars opposite Demi Moore in “The Juror” and portrays a gay hustler in “Kingpin.”
- 1999: Writes and directs the play “Furthest from the Sun” at the Theater de la Juene Lune in Minneapolis.
- 2003: Nominated for an Academy Award for his role as a troubled cop in the drama “The Messenger.”
- 2007: Plays Carson Wells in the Coen Brothers’ acclaimed crime drama “No Country for Old Men.”
- 2009: Stars in the post-apocalyptic comedy “Zombieland” and portrays Captain Tony Stone in “The Messenger.”
- 2012: Plays Haymitch Abernathy in the first installment of “The Hunger Games” movie series.
- 2014: Nominated for an Emmy Award for his role in the HBO series “True Detective.”
- 2017: Stars in “War for the Planet of the Apes” and “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri,” earning Academy Award and Golden Globe nominations for the latter.
- 2018: Reprises his role as Tallahassee in “Zombieland: Double Tap.”
- 2020: Appears in the Netflix limited series “The Highwaymen” and the film “Midway.”
Woody Harrelson Early Life and Childhood
Woody Harrelson was born on the date July 23, 1961. Midland, Texas, Woodrow Tracy Harrelson, is his birth name. Woody is the son of convicted hitman Charles Voyde Harrelson and his secretary, Dian. Furthermore, he was reared in Presbyterian with his two brothers, Jordan and Brett, both actors.
In 1979, Woody’s father was sentenced to life in prison for the murder of John H. Wood Jr., a judge. Woody claims that he missed his father a lot as a child. His father died in the United States Penitentiary, Administrative Maximum Faculty, on March 15, 2007. As a result, Woody Harrelson, a member of the Harrelson family, is entirely reliant on his mother. In 1973, he relocated to Lebanon, Ohio, the hometown of his mother. In 1979, he graduated from Lebanon High School. To assist her mother, she also worked at Kings Island amusement park.
Woody Harrelson Professional Life and Career
After graduating from college, he began working in a New York theatre and later made his sitcom debut in NBC’s Cheers, where he played Woody Boyd, a bartender. Apart from his appearances on the show, he was also active in the film industry, acting in Brooklyn Laundry and Furthest the Sun. In 1986, he made his cinematic debut in Wildcats, in which he played a cameo role.
He appeared in films like White Men Can’t Jump, LA Story, Money Train, and others. In the movie Indecent Proposal, he was cast alongside Robert Redford and Demi Moore, and the picture was a box office hit, grossing over $265 million. Following this accomplishment, he portrayed the lead part in Natural Born Killers, Sunchaser, and Kingpin. Woody Harrelson rose to prominence following his portrayal of Larry Flynt in the film The People vs Larry Flynt.
Woody Harrelson Relationships Wife/Girlfriend
In terms of his marital status, he has been married twice. In Tijuana, Woody married Nancy Simon (m. 1985-1986), the daughter of author Neil Simon. They decide to divorce on the following notes. However, the storefront where they decided to marry/divorce was closed when the pair returned. And their marriage only lasted ten months.
Woody Harrelson married Laura Louie, a co-founder of the organic food delivery business Yoganics, in 2008. Laura Louie, who served as his assistant in 1987, was someone he knew from 1987. Deni, Zoe, and Makani, the couple’s three daughters, were born to them.
Woody Harrelson Physical Appearance Age, Height, and Weight
If we talk about Woody Harrelson’s physical appearance, his age is 60 years now, and his height is 5 feet 10 inches, weighing 83 kg with 42-36-15 body measurements and a slim figure with brown hair black eyes. He is very handsome at a young age, and still, it is maintained.
Woody Harrelson Net Worth
As of October 2021, the actor Woody Harrelson’s projected net worth has risen to $80 million, thanks to the movies and Tv shows he has starred in. Woody Harrelson’s salary from “Money Train” is estimated to be around $5 million. He is the director and producer of “Lost in London,” a new film.
Woody Harrelson Social Media
He has almost 1.6 million followers who routinely check his Facebook accounts as of April 5 2021. He’s also a Twitter user. In December 2016, Harrelson launched his Twitter account @WoodyHarrelson. On his Twitter accounts, he had roughly three tweets and 72.6 thousand followers.
Did you know?
- He has married twice. His wife’s name is Nancy Simon, and his second wife is Laura Louie.
- He enjoys living a private life.
- He is also working in Venom, which is released on Netflix.
- He is also active on his Twitter and also very enjoyable to use Facebook with. Million followers.
- His estimated net worth is 80 million dollars.